WARNING! Free Skincare & Makeup Scams to Avoid
Have you requested these so-called freebies? gimmiefreebie is the Home of the Big List of Fake Freebies to avoid. What are fake freebies? In short, they’re alleged free samples that will never come. We are here to warn you about them, so you can stay safe.
Unfortunately, we’ve found several free samples that have been around for a long time (well over a year), but never come. And, they all have a few things in common. So, we’ll show you what to look for in our findings.
Although we have found several from this scammer ring, they’re probably not done. In other words, there may be more fakes from this group circulating around the freebie world. And, they will probably make more fake freebie offers in the future. If you know of any more fake freebies made by this group of scammers, then let us know and we’ll share with everyone! Meanwhile, check this out and learn how to avoid them.
So, before you head over to request any so-called freebies that are made in free web forms, be sure to read our findings.
- Google forms links look like this: docs.google.com/forms/
- Microsoft office forms look like this: forms.office.com
While Google forms and MS Office forms are a legitimate way to make a form online for free, typically legitimate companies giving away samples do not use these. Conversely, they will have their web designer make a form on their website and limit samples. For example, if Tide wanted to give away a sample of laundry detergent they would never use a free web form like this. On the other hand, you may argue that smaller companies can’t afford to make a website with a form. And, that’s absolutely true in some cases. However, smaller companies that can’t afford to build their own form on their own website, also cannot afford to give away unlimited samples and leave these forms up for signups for over a year. Make sense?
Free Samples on Free Web Forms like Google and MS Office are almost always fake!
Generally speaking, free samples on free web forms are almost never legitimate. There are exceptions, of course. We see a lot of direct shippers use these free web forms, and they’re totally legit. However, these are different than a free sample form. For one thing, they specify what they’re doing in their form. Secondly, there’s no guarantee of free stuff from them.
Specifically, the alleged free samples we are investigating here are not legit. You will not get these products for free by filling out these forms. If you have already filled out one of these forms, then your email address will likely be sold to spammers. The scammers will profit greatly from selling your info. That’s why you should set up a second ‘freebie’ email address. And, why you should learn what to avoid. Lastly, stick with gimmiefreebie, because we only post real, legit freebies!
Fake Freebies – Claims:
Free Sace Lady Liquid Glow Highlighter
- https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=jCKRzlp0t0G_PJCLPEd1ZR4D1WZCM_ ZMvRHPbWKf0JVUNkQ4VllOWUNPSlhRUUVIM1RLNk9TUldHNC4uLiquid Glow Highlighter is a concentrated, fill-pigment liquid formula that effortlessly blends into skin and with your favorite complexion products. Just layer it with Glow Kit for a high-impact, radiant sheen. Please complete the form … and we will send you a free sample of Sace Lady Liquid Glow Highlighter.A valid e-mail address is required to participate in the Promotion. Disposable email addresses will not be accepted.
*Offer valid while supplies last. Limit one complimentary sample per customer. Samples will be mailed within six (6) to eight (8) weeks from date of offer request is submitted to the mailing addressed specified on the offer form.
Free FACENTRY Twelve Constellations Perfume
- https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=jCKRzlp0t0G_PJCLPEd1ZR4D1WZCM_ ZMvRHPbWKf0JVURFI5NkE4N0w3UlIzS0ZOWlc3RU5FRVYxWS4uFree samples of Twelve Constellations Perfume SeriesYep. You heard that right! We are so proud of our fragrances, we know once you try more of it, you will fall in love, just as we have. That’s why every month, we will promoting a new Fragrance by giving away free samplesWe are very proud of our fragrance and we are absolutely confident that you will love it too.Please complete the form … and we will send you a free sample to try.* A valid e-mail address is required to participate in the Promotion. Disposable email addresses will not be accepted. Offer valid while supplies last. Limit one complimentary sample per customer.
FREE Breylee Acne Treatment Serum
- https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=jCKRzlp0t0G_PJCLPEd1ZR4D…Thank you for your interest in our products. Please complete the form … and we will send you a free sample of the product you would like to try.
BREYLEE Acne Treatment Serum treats the redness and inflammation associated with acne and helps prevent pimples, blackheads, and clogged pores before they occur. Sample ingredients can be found on the packaging. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the listed ingredients.A valid e-mail address is required to participate in the Promotion. Disposable email addresses will not be accepted.*Offer valid while supplies last. Limit one complimentary sample per customer.
Black Snail All in One Cream
Thank you for your interest in our products. Please complete the form … and we will send you a free sample of the product you would like to try. A premium moisturizer formulated with 90% Black Snail filtrate. The filtrate comes from the ever-resilient black snail, lauded for its ability to survive harsh environments. In addition to the highly concentrated snail mucin, 20 different plant extracts, adenosine, peptide, and niacinamide, this cream works to address a wide range of skin concerns, including pores and blackheads, rough or dull complexion, dark spots, blemishes, and even scarring. Sample ingredients can be found on the packaging. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. A valid e-mail address is required to participate in the Promotion. Disposable email addresses will not be accepted.*Offer valid while supplies last. Limit one complimentary sample per customer.
Scam Freebies – Findings (What makes them fake?)
- All of these have a few things in common, making them highly suspect. As a result, it appears as though one scammer (or group of scammers) is making all of them. Therefore, if you see any future “freebies” with links like these, please be cautious.
- Each one has the following text: A valid e-mail address is required to participate in the Promotion. Disposable email addresses will not be accepted. Offer valid while supplies last. Limit one…
- Each is created in Microsoft Office online using a form that anyone could make. They’re virtually untraceable except there’s a common userid in every link: ?id=jCKRzlp0t0G
- Why would they do this? Given that they specify that throw-away email addresses “will not be honored” makes me guess that they are collecting email addresses to sell to spammers. Seems weird, but believe it or not it is big business, and people have gone to jail for it!
Of course, these are not a legit offer; they are spam. STEER CLEAR! So, to stay safe we highly recommend that you read our Big List of Fakes and learn how to protect yourself on every single freebie you sign up for. Read also: Getting Started with Gimmie.
Stay safe online with Gimmie’s Big List of Fake Freebies to Avoid!
We are the home of the Gimmie’s Big List of Fake Freebies to Avoid. We research all samples before we share to keep you safe online. You may not realize it, but scammers and spammers are notorious for posting fake offers. There are lots of reasons why people post fake freebies, but usually it is about money. They build up a website or Facebook fanpage and then sell it for profit. Or, they take your info submitted in their alleged freebie form, and sell it to Spammers.